Is Class Even helpful?

Home Forums Video Is Class Even helpful?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pup
    Keymaster

This video is basically an update on my recent research that I have been sharing with you. You will see from the results it sure looks promising. But in this video I look at class and how it affects results. Keep in mind I am talking about QD class, not some other versions of class that we all may have tried for decades.

Video below

http://stme.in/yhlEOVDUS

Maxprofits
    Participant

Just don’t know what to think about this one. Class is one of the things I have always used to pick one dog over another. I mean if I have a dog moving down from A and one moving up from C most of the time I will take the dropper.

Maxprofits
    Participant

OK I have been thinking about the class and just because a dog is dropping down a grade does not make him a class dog as you all know. The dog could be old and on his way out, he could have lucked into a win and now is dropping back down where he should be. How many good dogs have 4 bad race in a row and drop down. I mean it happens but on what percent. Is it enough to rank all dogs the same. I don’t think so.

Pup
    Keymaster

Your points is absolutely right @Max

AS I said in the video I was just questioning the QD way of calculating class. And whether it applied to this thing I am doing here specifically. Not in general. Class is one of the old standards and with good reason!

Maxprofits
    Participant

Yep old standards
    Class, Time, Post, Break

morning all, just watched the first vid without class. Pup, you know me i want to know the grades

of the races. are you finding more no class winners in the middle grades d,c and b? or are the wins

spread throughout the grade ladder? i would be crushed if class in grade a turned out to be a non factor.

and of course every race is a story of its own. somewhere jack fink is turning over in his grave.

keep the good stuff coming. now, i need to watch that next vid. maybe run some class studies for kicks.

win

morning guys, using the brk. Pup, in racing greyhound mag years ago there was a neat study about

box brk bias. finding the avg brk for each post position and using it to adj the avg brk stats

for each dog. just like the pp adj on the sheet. win

hey guys, the box break bias thing. can’t find the info , still looking. did make a sheet to track the

break of each box. all grades, only 550 races. at PB. the results came from the charts on the PBKC

website. this covers 3/22 to 3/24. not even 30 races. the math checks out, i think everyone will be able

to figure it out.

win of to WD on a bomb run

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Pup
    Keymaster

What is it exactly you are trying to find? I am confused (which happens often!).

i have re posted the attachment under AV CALC. it calculates averages. been a little

under the weather, count me confused also. did we ever talk about box break bias and the

possibility of using an adj factor like with wps on the sheet? thats what i was looking for

thanks win

sat morning, hello all i have figured out why i was having this twilight zone moment. my settings for the forum

were for only recent activity. so i wasn’t seeing earlier posts. all is well. win a lot this weekend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.